- Behind Enemy Lines- Sounds like I'm a spy (although if I was, I probably wouldn't tell you)
- Keystone Clash- Already overused by the media
- Orange Crushed- Sounds overwhelmingly negative
- %!*@# the Penguins- Probably wouldn't show up too often in search engines
- Orange and Black in a Sea of Black and Gold- I'd like to be able to tell people about my blog without fainting
So, in short, the name stuck. Unfortunately, the domain name http://obg.blogspot.com/ was taken by some guy who took five minutes creating a white-and-black blog with a single, two-word post, so OBG will have to resort to the less-glamorous domain name http://orangeblackgold.blogspot.com/. Over the next few weeks I'll be running a number of features, which will hopefully quench the thirst of Flyers fans, Penguins fans, and neutral fans of the Pennsylvania Cold War alike, until the season finally begins in October. At that point, it'll be time to start the lead-up to the first meeting between these two powerhouses on October 8th in Philadelphia.
So sit back, and enjoy the ride (despite the many bumps it is sure to bring). Check back often over the next few weeks, as we'll be counting down the Top 10 Most Painful Moments in the Flyers-Penguins rivalry over the past couple years. It's all part of our "Faceoff Spectacular"...
Well, again, welcome to OBG, and I hope to see you back soon!
P.S.: If you need something to tide you over, enjoy this colorful image of the Flyers' Randy Jones and the Penguins' Evgeni Malkin: